Tips on How to Purchase Second Hand Cell Phone Units Online
You want to ditch your monthly phone contract and switch to a prepaid cell phone plan. This is because after reading so many articles regarding prepaid cell phone services, you have been fully convinced of the benefits and savings that this plan can give you. But how can you do so if your current phone is bundled with a monthly phone contract? Well, the solution is simple: buy a used or second-hand phone.
You can always buy a second hand phone that will carry the prepaid cell phone services you intend to use. However, you must be very careful in choosing and in buying used phones, especially if you plan to purchase one online. This way, you can avoid buying defective phones from unscrupulous merchants.
I have listed four tips on how to shop, compare and purchase second hand cell phones online.
Four Tips on Buying Used Phones Online
1. Make sure that you don’t buy stolen phones. Before buying a used phone online, make sure that you review completely the records of the phone. Check the receipt of the phone and verify whether the name of the seller matches the name of the buyer shown on the receipt. Doing this will give you the assurance of getting legitimate items only and not stolen ones.
The license or accreditation of the online cell phone shop is also one thing you need to investigate. Read reviews and testimonials of both satisfied and dissatisfied consumers of the cell phone vendor. You may also contact the online shop and ask for an assurance that they do not sell stolen phones and other illegal items. This way you can be assured of purchasing only the cell phones that possess proper documentation, and not the stolen ones.
2. Research about the features of the phone model you intend to buy. You can use the internet in conducting a thorough search on the specifications of the phone model you intend to purchase. Look for the capabilities as well as the features offered by the phone. There are websites that you can also visit that has price estimates of brand new phone models. This way you can have a guide as you shop, compare and eventually choose a phone that will suit your calling and texting needs, as well as your budget.
3. Ask to hold the cell phone unit first before buying it. Never rely on pictures nor descriptions of the phone you intend to buy. Instead ask the seller to meet you and allow you to inspect the cell phone being sold to you. Now what features or components do you need to inspect carefully? They are:
– Phone Casing. Make sure that the phone being sold is free from severe scratches and dents. And check if the physical condition of the phone cover still allows you to recognize the model of the phone you intend to buy.
– Keypad. Inspect whether not all the keys work or not. And check if there are missing or faded keys. If there are, then you better look for another cell phone seller.
– Screen. Check whether the screen is still in good condition and free from dents and scratches. You also need to make sure that the phone’s screen has no defective pixels or lines.
– Battery. Check if the battery is still working properly. If not, ask the vendor to provide you a new phone battery. Or you may ask the vendor to sell the phone for a much lower price.
– Other phone features. For new phone models, make sure that you ask the seller to provide information on the following features: stylus, touch screen capability, slide or hinge mechanism, operating system as well as the software used on the phone, headphone jack and speakers, and of course card slots,
By completely inspecting the cell phone being sold to you, you can be assured of buying only a durable mobile phone that will certainly meet your expectations.
4. Ask for at least a one week warranty. After you have inspected the phone and after you have finally decided to purchase it, make sure that you ask your seller for a short-term warranty. You can request for at least 5 days to at most one week of phone warranty from the seller. This way, should the second-hand phone fail to meet your needs and expectations, you can still ask for a refund from the phone vendor and purchase a better one.
Employ these steps and for sure you can find a second-hand phone that you can use together with your prepaid cell phone plan.