Search engine optimization, or SEO, has become an entire industry unto itself, with large corporations hiring teams of “SEO” specialists to assure their pages consistently rank well in the search engines.
Sure it makes sense for big companies with huge marketing budgets to invest in SEO, but the reality is a large proportion of the population does search the internet for goods and services before they buy, so there is certainly some merit in using your website as a marketing tool for your products and services.
So you’ve decided to put SEO to work for your business, but when you researched the marketplace of SEO provider’s, you found a wild mix of prices and services. You need to be an SEO specialist just to know what the jargon means and to compare packages.
Another option is to find or hire an SEO Coach. Independent SEO consultants are a good way to utilize a professional who will be interested, and have the ability, to guide you through the voodoo of SEO.
So if you are a business owner, here are 5 reasons why you should consider finding a good SEO coach or training program:
1. There are books, magazines and training courses on SEO and there are a million websites promising the “golden ticket” of how to “get your site on the first page of Google”. Who do you believe?
2. There are automatic link building software and auto-blogging systems. There are systems for article marketing and social bookmarking. Which, if any, should you use?
3. You’ve probably heard of Facebook and Twitter, but what about Squidoo, StumbleUpon, Hubpages and Digg. What can they do for you?
4. What about video marketing and pod-casting? Should you use these cool tools? How?
5. What the heck are meta tags and long-tail keywords? Why should you care?
Will the Real SEO Solution Please Stand Up?
As a business owner, the questions you have to ask yourself about SEO are, “where do I start?” and “where do I get the most bang for my buck?” and “how do I learn all the jargon?”
This is where a good SEO coach can help you sift through the myriad of internet marketing possibilities and work with you to build a short, medium and long-term plan.
You don’t have to pay an SEO provider $1000’s of dollars to get results. But you do need to take action! You can do a lot of the work yourself, or learn to outsource it for a fraction of what some of the bigger SEO providers are charging.
Maybe you’ve signed a contract which requires you to produce the articles and blog posts and you pay someone else to manage those on your behalf? You can learn how to publish blog posts and articles in just a few minutes.
It takes less time to publish them then it takes to write them!
So find an SEO coach, or coaching program, which works within your budget and time frame, and take control of your own internet marketing. You might find that you actually enjoy it!