If you’re wondering whether an air conditioning maintenance contract is worth the money, and whether you’ll get value for money from it, then you might be of the opinion that you don’t want one, and will deal with any air conditioning maintenance issues as they arrive. This can be a costly mistake.
Here’s why you need an air conditioning maintenance contract.
1. As with many electrical and mechanical products, your air con system will need regular servicing top ensure that it’s still working properly and effectively. In the same way that you would arrange for your car to be serviced, your heating and ventilation needs maintenance too. It’s also better for the environment if your system is working efficiently.
2. Air conditioning maintenance will work out to be much more cost effective than trying to schedule an engineer when your system fails, or is making funny noises.
3. Having an air conditioning maintenance engineer regularly take a look at your heating and ventilation system to make sure that it’s working properly, and meets the relevant standards is important. You might benefit from changes, or updates, or even a new system. You might even be thinking of a new air conditioning design, or want some help making the most of your system.
4. If your heating and ventilation system suddenly fails, then you’ll need an emergency engineer, which can be very expensive in terms of time and resources. As well as the financial cost of the engineer, you may have to close your business as it’s too hot or too cold for staff or customers. This could have disastrous effects.
5. An appropriate air conditioning maintenance schedule will save money in the long run, and knowing that the chances of your heating and ventilation system suddenly failing are minimised.
6. Having an efficient air con system will be better for your staff and customers. Your workers will be more comfortable, and so are likely to be more productive, visitors to your shop are or more likely to turn into customers, and guests at your hotel are more likely to enjoy their stay.
7. Because you have an aircon maintenance contract, any work that needs to be carried out at, can be done at your convenience at a time to suit you, before the system fails or needs repairing.
8. You’ll want to choose a reputable air con firm with plenty of experience and relevant credentials for working with your type of business, so that they are knowledgeable about the sort of system you have, and the requirements you have from your heating and ventilation.
9. How often your heating and ventilation will need checking will depend on what sort of building or room it’s for, and how often it is used. A large hotel will place more demands on its air conditioning than a meeting room that is used just a few times a month.
10. As with many things, prevention is better than cure, so it makes sense to ensure that your system is looked at in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, before it’s too late.
Now you know more about air conditioning maintenance and why it’s so important, when was the last time you had yours checked?