Air conditioning systems are very expensive. If you are thinking of buying a new system you will want to make sure you are getting the best brand at the best possible price. Read on for 5 tips to help you with purchasing a new air conditioning system.
1. Get At Least Three Quotes – At a bare minimum, you should get at least 3 quotes before proceeding with any work. If you have the time, consider getting 5 quotes. The more quotes you can get the more options you will have available to you. Be sure to get similar quotes so you are comparing apples with apples.
2. Offer To With Cash – Everyone loves cash as it is easy to deal with. Credit cards incur the contractor fees and cheques take time to clear. But if you ask the contractor if they can do a better price for cash you may be pleasantly surprised.
3. Purchase At The Correct Time To Save Money – In the middle of summer and the middle of winter, air conditioning contractors are at their busiest. Because of this they will charge you more money to install a system. Try getting your quotes in spring or autumn and you will save anything from a few hundred dollars up to a thousand dollars!
4. Choose HVAC Company You Feel Comfortable With – Don’t base your entire decision on money. Although cost is a factor, you should ultimately choose an air conditioning contractor with whom you feel comfortable. After all, for a few hundred dollars you would rather choose a company you feel comfortable with rather than trying to save a few dollars.
5. Do Your Research First – A little bit of research goes a long way. Study which systems and brands will suit your needs and you will be well on your way. This research will also help you decide on a system.
Keep these 5 tips in mind when you go shopping for your new hvac system and you will sure to get a great brand at an exceptional price.