Because I am an air conditioning contractor, so many people ask me how to get a great deal on their air conditioning. To help everyone out there, below are my 6 tips to ensure you get the best air conditioning system available at the very best price.
1. Make Sure You Get Multiple Quotes – With hvac and any other work you get done on your home, you should always get at least 3 different quotes before starting any job. This will then give you different prices and brands so you can pick a system that suits you best.
2. Research For The Best Brands – Price is usually (not always) an indicator of quality. Don’t get stuck using a cheaper brand of unit. Always try to purchase the best brand that you can afford. By spending a little bit extra, you will save a lot of heartache and hassle in the long run as cheaper units will have more ongoing problems.
3. Get Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning – A reverse cycle (refrigerative) air conditioner (also known as a heat pump) can heat and cool your home and offer the best comfort. Don’t go with a cheaper form of cooling and heating, be sure to ask for the best.
4. Purchase Your System In Winter – If you purchase a system in summer, you will probably pay more and get a more rushed install than if you have your air conditioner installed in winter. Always get your system installed in winter and you will receive a better quality install at a cheaper price.
5. Research Your System – Most hvac contractors will tell you their brand of air conditioning is the best available. Don’t take their word for it. Do your own research and know what system you are after before purchasing it.
6. Pay Using Cash – They say cash is king, so don’t be afraid to ask to pay by cash. You should also not be afraid to haggle a little, to see if you can get a better price as well.
These are the most important 6 air conditioning tips in the world. Keep these tips in mind and you will get a great air conditioning package.