Most salesperson closing ratio is usually quite low and many of them if they were to have 10-20% closure rate, they are pretty much very satisfied with the results.
The challenges are that if you have the mindset of using 10-20% closure rate as a benchmark, most of the time your closing rate will be not more than that level and once you reach the 20% mark, you will have the thinking that you had reached your maximum level.
The good news is that you are able to set the standard to ANY level that you want, you can set at 30%, 40%, 50% or even up to 100%, there are strategies to do so. Read on…
The best way is to mentally program you to absolute certainty. When I mean absolute certainty, it is a situation where you have absolute confidence where you will DEFINITELY able to close the sales when you see the client. To do this you will need to work on the following:
1) Ensure you know EVERYTHING and ANYTHING about the product or service you are going to sell. Including the competitors offering and packages.
2) Ask yourself what make you so special that they must buy from you, list out 50 reasons for it, yes, squeeze out 50 valid reasons why the clients must really buy from you.
If you cannot even list out 5 of them, I strongly believe the product you are selling is nothing really special.
People don’t buy things which have nothing special, you will need to add that extra spice to me it worth going for it.
3) Filter, filter and filter, ensure that the potential prospects you are meeting are the one you believe that is able to buy the product and services. In term of statues, needs and ability to afford the product.
4) 60 minutes before meeting the client, condition yourself mentally that you are able to win this deal, rehearses it mentally for at least 30 minutes so that your brain tells you that you have the absolute certainty to get this deal done.
5) When you are talking to the client, talk to them with absolute confidence, chest up, look straight to their eyes, with good body language and posture.
Remember that in communication, body language plays a very important part of the entire process.
6) Practice, practice, and practice your communication and presentation skills.
Do it at least a few times per day, and talk to as many people as possible.
To become a master of communication, you will need to practice at least 10,000 hours. (Latest update on 19 Jan 2019, nah, this is not true. Just practice, you will know when you reach there. )
Keep on doing it and never give up.
7) Knowing your customer – Make every effort to know who is the person you are going to sell to, even if it is a group presentation, know who you are going to present and sell is already 50% won.
I wish you success in everything that you do. Cheers.
An article by Dougles Chan – Recruitment Business Coach. Also known as the recruitment business Zhuge Liang. A recruitment business coach & mentor that specialized on coaching recruitment business owners and staffing agency owners. Author of 8 books. 25 years in recruitment business coaching & mentoring. He created the recruitment agency market tumour law, C-Marketing, V-Marketing and blog marketing for recruitment agencies. Training business owners in Singapore, USA, UK, and Australia. He specialized in business, sales, marketing, digital marketing, SEO, SEM, and social media recruiting. For 121 recruitment business coaching, kindly check here.