As a real estate agent, your success in attracting listings is going to be faster if you have a lot of signboards placed on properties in your local market. Quite simply, the more the local people see your name on signboards the more they will identify with you and remember you when the time comes to sell.
No vendor wants to list their property for sale or lease with an agent or salesperson that is unknown. For that reason when you start off working in the industry or when entering a new area you should do a lot of work in the first few months to build your name. It’s called personal branding. The most successful salespeople have it. Most other salespeople have little of it.
When you start to build your brand you should regard it as an ongoing task that will not stop. The bigger your personal brand, the better things will be for you.
It sounds simple as a base concept in territory management and selling real estate. However such a principle needs to be stated again here as it is overlooked by so many. In absolutely all respects your success in real estate sales is almost totally up to you and how you market yourself.
So now let’s go back to the point of putting lots of signboards into your real estate market. Here are the rules to the process:
- Getting them placed on properties located on main roads is very important as it will give you free advertising.
- The signs have to be of similar branding and colour to build consistency and image.
- Always put your name on the sign boards and include a mobile phone number for out of hours contact.
- Keep the signboards free of graffiti as that will send the wrong message to the other vendors in the area.
- Within reason use the maximum signboard size that the local council will let you use.
- Put some property reference number on the sign so the person calling can easily identify the property to you.
- The sign has to be located in the best position on the property so it is seen by passing people and traffic.
- Make sure the sign is secure so you do not have a damages claim from a falling sign.
- If possible use a photo sign that features your photograph as well as some photo from the property. This will also help with your personal branding.
- When something is sold or leased, make sure you get a label placed on the existing sign so the market knows of your success.
When correctly approached your signboard strategy can go a long way to helping you build market share for your real estate office and you personally. That signboard will attract more listings and inquiries your way. A very good outcome when you work on commission.