Shopping for budget wedding videographer does not have to be as difficult as you might think. Keep in mind, it is important that you are realistic with your budget. Do not expect to get a great videographer for your entire wedding of 8 hours for a mere $100. However, you can definitely work some magic and likely get your wedding videographer for a little less than what the person is asking.
We have put together a few tips to help you find budget wedding videographer. Some of these can even help you get a videographer that isn’t considered “budget” to reduce the price to make them more affordable for you.
1. Scour the internet for coupons. Many videographers (and other wedding vendors) will offer coupons for a discount of anywhere from 5%-20% off of their services.
2. Get written quotes or estimates from their competitors to use as leverage. Let the videographer know you have spoken with other local vendors and the price those vendors are willing to charge you as well as the package details. Often, they will meet or beat the competitions prices.
3. Good ol’ fashioned sweet talking. Explain to the vendor what your budget is and try to work on reducing the price.
4. Finagle, offer to pay in full up font if the price to be reduced to a more reasonable figure. Paying up front is always a plus for the vendors and many prefer one lump sum instead of payments.
5. Offer to allow them to use your wedding video as a sample video or part of their portfolio if they reduce the price some. You can also offer to be used as a reference.
6. Rearrange the package you are looking to use by eliminating some things you might not need. Such as, titles, multiple cameras (maybe you only need 2 instead of the 3 that come with the package), you might not need to have the videographer at your rehearsal, you don’t want an edited version of your ceremony played during the reception. Be creative with your negotiations.
Budget wedding videographers do not necessarily mean you have to look for an inexperienced or under qualified videographer. Instead, you just need to let your creative juices flow. You never know if you can get something cheaper, unless you ask.
Some videography Singapore samples.